Exploring London: Buckingham Palace

Hi chums!

Something I love to do in the summer, when I have no work and more time, is to explore London. Although I live so near there is so much I haven't done or visited and I love to spend time in the big city!

Last weekend my fam and I decided to make the most of the weather so we went to Buckingham Palace to tour around the state rooms. This has been on our to-do list for ages and finally we made time to go!


Of course we had to take some snaps of the outside because the palace is HUGE and it is so iconic!




After eavesdropping on a group tour I found out that the palace has 19 state rooms. We also found out that when the Union Jack is raised on top of the palace, it means that the queen isn't in residence. So unfortunately when we went she wasn't home :( 

Unfortunately you can't take pictures inside the palace which was sad but I can guarantee that it is so impressive inside - all reds and golds and royalness! I would definitely recommend going to check it out!







And we made time to take a cheeky polaroid...! :)


You can do a full tour of the grounds of Buckingham Palace but we weren't booked on to that. We're thinking of maybe trying to do that next year sometime because the grounds are so pretty!




This was such a fun day trip so if you ever come to good old Londontown in the summer then it's worth a visit! I think it's only open in the summer while the queen is on hols (lucky thing!)

Please leave a comment down below to let me know:

Where would you recommend I visit next in London? What other city should I visit next?

Thanks for reading!

Love

Emma
xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig