A Rainy Afternoon in La Boqueria

Hi chums!

If you read my last post, you'll know that I went to Barcelona a few weeks ago and I have to say it was amazing!

Barcelona has been on my list to go to for the last few years. I've seen countless pictures on Pinterest and Instagram and was so excited I got the opportunity to go.


This was a super last minute trip - we literally booked it on a Wednesday and flew there on the Friday. I love a good spontaneous trip so I was ready!


When we arrived unfortunately the weather was doing its best to imitate England's classic drizzle. Although we were disappointed the sun wasn't shining, we still wanted to make the most of every second we were there so we went to an indoor market on La Rambla called La Boqueria.



This market is an abundance of peppers, oils, meat, sweets, nuts, cheese, bread and every other kind of food known to man. I personally tried to steer clear of the fish section because the smell was beyond revolting.



I could have picked up a loooot of food from this market (not fish) but seeing as we were going out for tapas later, we restricted ourselves.





La Boqueria was really fun to go round and it was the perfect thing to do in the rain, as Barcelona doesn't have a tonne of things to do inside, so I was grateful that this was our only rainy day.

More Barcelona blog posts are to come very soon!

Love as always,

Emma
xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig