Day Trip to Oviedo

Hi chums!

I booked a day trip to Oviedo at the weekend because I wanted to explore more of the region I'm staying in - Castilla y León. So on Saturday I got a train which took around 2 hours from León to Oviedo. The train went through tunnels in the mountains so it was a really pretty journey!


The first thing I did when I got off the train was head to Campo de San Francisco, a beautiful park in the middle of the city. The blossom trees were out and there were lots of sculptures to take pics of.









As I walked from the park to the cathedral, I walked past this beautiful building, (below) which was a university building opened by Rey Juan Carlos and Reina Sofia.








The cathedral was super pretty so I decided to have lunch at one of the cafes which looked out on it.







The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering around the streets taking pictures.


















So that was my Oviedo trip! I would definitely go back and would recommend you visit it if you're ever in northern Spain. I don't think you'd need more than a day there, but it's definitely a gram-worthy city.

Love as always,

Emma
xxx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig