Day Trip to Toledo

Hi chums!

Last weekend my sister came to visit me in Madrid and, as we have both been to Madrid before, we decided to do a day trip. So we hopped on a train and 30 minutes later we were in the beautiful city of  Toledo!


The first thing that struck us immediately was that the train station was a converted church. It had stained glass windows and was so pretty!

The train station is at the bottom of the hill which is Toledo - just like a fairytale!






When we got there, there was a running race going on so there were loads of people crowded at the bottom of the hill cheering on the athletes. It was so hot, so we were definitely glad we weren't the ones running!






We had no real plans of where to go (if you've read previous blog posts, you'll know this is my favourite way to explore a new place) so we crossed the bridge and walked up many many steps into the main part of the city.










When we got to the top there was another crowd of people surrounding a stage where a guy was talking. I have no idea who he is but thought I would put a pic in case it turns out he's famous (lol).


The rest of the day was spent taking a load of photos because every corner you turn there is another gram opportunity! 




We had an amazing day in Toledo. We didn't go into any museums so if you wanted to do that then you would probably need a couple of days here, but we found that one day was the perfect amount of time for us. 



I would definitely go back in the future. It's actually a lot bigger than I thought it would be and I can't get over how princess-y it felt. Disney could literally make a Spanish princess and have her live in Toledo!



Anyway, that is all for this post! If you're ever in Madrid it is well-worth taking this day trip. Next on my list is Segovia when I'm there again so we'll see if I can make that happen whilst I'm on my term abroad here.

Love as always,

Emma
xxx


No comments

Post a Comment

© Sights and Stripes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig